You probably don’t give much thought to the components of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or it comes time to buy a new model. To ensure you get the most out of this invaluable appliance it can be very useful to understand exactly how it keeps food cold—and Elizabeth Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to find out all you should understand about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is time to connect with refrigerator repair Elizabeth.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-own household appliance for several years now. A household refrigerator will store your food at the right temperature, in order to stop spoiling and stop harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by distributing the heat from the inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main parts of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Elizabeth Appliance Repair:
A compressor is a combination of a motor and a pump, and it is responsible for circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the cooling system.
A compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is located on the back exterior panel of the refrigerator and helps to emit the warmth collected from inside the refrigerator then out into the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is stored in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs the warmth held within it, effectively lowering the temperature inside.
The moment an evaporator isn’t working, it is time to enlist a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquid refrigerant is carried within a capillary tube which works as an expansion device to cool the gas, thereby transforming it into a liquid.
The thermostat regulates the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, engaging the cooling period when necessary.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is very prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Elizabeth for service right when an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside a refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors notify the compressor to engage, and the cooling cycle starts. The unit draws in the cool liquid refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit directs the hot gas in the direction of the condenser coils on the exterior of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the room and returns to a liquified form.
3. The cooled refrigerant then continues its trip to the refrigerator evaporator component, finding its way through the coils in the inside of the appliance and freezer section.
4. The refrigerant then absorbs the hot air from within the appliance, reducing the temperature until it has reached the correct set point.
5. The liquid then will evaporate, and turns back into a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is used in quite a few applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting warmth from a single area and then transferring it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a home, provides a perfect space for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of many different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require repair? Time to schedule an appointment with Elizabeth Appliance Repair.
Elizabeth Appliance Repair is able to fix all major brands of refrigerators – that includes commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced appliance repairmen in Elizabeth are trained to troubleshoot and repair problems with cooling, ice makers, issues with condensation, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart technology and numerous other problems. We everything about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Elizabeth Appliance Repair